Offer published on Jan 23
Born in Montréal, Corner Collection is a continuation of part of the Antonopoulos family's business, renowned for its 45+ years of experience in the hotel, restaurant and wellness industry, as well as for its instrumental role in the development of Old Montreal.
Corner is a collection of award-winning hotels, restaurants and spas that awaken the senses with experiences that nourish the soul: Hotel Nelligan, Hotel Place D'Armes, Brasserie 701, Kyo Bar Japonais, NELLi Bistro, Méchant Bœuf, Modavie, Terrasse Nelligan, Terrasse Place D'Armes, Rainspa.
Do you believe, as we do, in authentic dialogue, sharing ideas and creating a pleasant and inclusive work environment? That growth is a key element in the life of a company, but also of the employees who put their heart into it every day? Do you want to leave your mark? Come share our common goal: to create moments of happiness together and extend Corner Collection's reach as far as our dreams can take us.
What we offer:
- An exceptional and dynamic work environment;
- An environment where you can truly make a difference and grow with the company;
- An integration process to quickly familiarize you with your work environment and our brands;
- A group insurance program with employer participation (drug, travel, life, disability insurance, etc.);
- A group RRSP program with employer participation;
- Paid sick leave;
- 50% discount at all our restaurants for you and three guests;
- Discounts at our hotels, spas and partner companies;
- Work-life balance with a flexible schedule with telecommuting and face-to-face.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
In order to continue our growth, we are looking for a Director marketing and communications, with proven experience. Reporting to the brand general management, this person will supervise a team of four (4) people, and will have to implement all the internal and external communication strategies, as well as the marketing strategy of all the establishments of the group; that is to say two hotels, seven restaurants and a spa, according to the objectives established in collaboration with the marketing team of Corner Collection and the management of the various establishments.
Working closely with the general management of the brand, the person in charge must establish product dynamism and coherence between the different brands, raise the level of public engagement during communications activities and support the growth of the organization. The markets to be reached through tactics are local, tourist, luxury, B2C and B2B. She develops partnerships or cross-promotions and represents the group at certain industry events.
The new director will be responsible for managing budgets, negotiating agreements and evaluating returns on investment. The mandate also includes managing several ¨Agency¨ partners; digital, marketing, branding and public relations, which act as an extension of the team. She will provide daily support to the organization's sales and operations departments. As the position is both strategic and operational, the person we are looking for must be able to manage projects with the entire team and those of the various locations.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will influence the team in a positive manner while remaining authentic. He or she brings the members of the department together to grow the organization. He/she transmits his/her passion for his/her job, nourishes his/her curiosity in addition to that of his/her team. With a strong ability to adapt, she knows how to anticipate market changes and innovate to meet them. She is an excellent communicator and listener, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work on several files at once. Motivated by meeting and exceeding objectives, creativity and determination are her best assets.
- Ensure excellent organization of work related to the volume of operations.
- Carry out actions in the project management tool.
- Proactively work on production brief schedules.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Leading an autonomous team through facilitating communication,
- Develop the skills of each individual in the team;
- Conduct coaching meetings and provide a warm and accessible management environment for all;
- Establish performance objectives and evaluate them;
- Suggest improvements to work methods where appropriate;
- Reflecting the organization's values, communicating them and integrating them into daily life.
- Drive innovation, continuously adapt to the market and competition.
- Continuously monitor the competition and technology.
- Research possible innovations, here or elsewhere, and share these ideas within the team.
- University degree in marketing, advertising, communications, business administration or related field;
- 5 years experience in team management preferably in the field of marketing and communications;
- 15 years of experience in marketing, preferably in the hotel, tourism and restaurant industries;
- Bilingualism in French and English, both written and spoken;
- Possess a human, visionary and collaborative leadership;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite;
- Mastery of marketing and communications tools such as social media, email platforms, web operations, project management tools;
- Be aware of emerging technologies;
- Strong interest and knowledge of market trends.