Director of Maintenance
In charge of maintenance for the hotel and the adjacent property complex, the Director of Maintenance provides a high level of knowledge in real estate maintenance. In charge of the maintenance of the building, grounds and physical facilities while paying particular attention to the safety, security and protection of property. Responsible for budget management, capital projects, preventive maintenance and energy conservation. Develop and implement strategies that will deliver products and services that meet or exceed the needs and expectations of customers, tenants and employees while maximizing financial performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Know and apply the standards of the hotel and the company;
- Manage a team of maintenance technicians responsible for all activities related to the maintenance of the residence building and the hotel;
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of resource management within the department, including performance appraisals, assigned assignments, and team development and training to maintain the level of expertise required to maintain technical maintenance program;
- Responsible for budget requirements and timelines;
- Plan and review workloads and assign appropriate personnel to perform repairs, maintenance or inspections in a timely manner and in accordance with maintenance guidelines;
- Provide technical support to maintenance staff and management of the hotel and residences;
- Ensure that appropriate equipment is on site to expedite repairs, maintenance and other building requirements;
- Responsible for preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and rooms in the hotel;
- Ensure the security of the building, hotel guests, tenants, and its employees;
- Report and modify immediately, if possible, all health and safety hazards;
- Constantly monitor all hazardous or questionable situations that may endanger hotel guests, residents, co-workers or hotel security and respond accordingly;
- Ensure that the property is maintained according to the standards of the company and the brand;
- Be responsible for building inspections and evacuation drills;
- Participate in management team meetings;
- Schedule departmental meetings;
- Be an active member of the hotel health and safety committee;
- Participate in the Duty Director Program (MOD);
- Perform any other duties related to the functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or post-secondary degree and 5 years experience in technical maintenance or related professional field; Technical training in HVAC, electricity or plumbing;
Diploma from a recognized college or university in the field of building and construction, engineering, mechanics, or related major; 4 years experience in engineering and maintenance or related professional field; Technical training in HVAC-R / electricity / plumbing.
Management experience is an asset;
Experience in hospitality or related field is an asset.
- Speak, write and read French and English.
- Behave professionally at all times;
- Develop positive leadership to foster cohesion and collaboration between teams and colleagues;
- Interact with others with the intention of establishing positive and constructive working relationships;
- Able to work under pressure and possess a sense developed of urgency;
- Able to communicate ideas and concepts clearly, both written and spoken;
- High work organization capacity to work with tight deadlines and regular follow-ups;
- Able to evaluate different options presented and make informed and informed decisions in a timely manner;
- Able to work under pressure in stressful situations and be able to manage priorities;
- Able to identify opportunities and problems when they arise, or prevent them and take the necessary steps to resolve them;
- Be understanding in situations of conflict in the workplace and able to overcome obstacles;
- Able to assimilate complex information from different sources and analyze, adjust or modify them according to specific constraints or needs;
- Have an ability to listen to, understand and clarify information and queries from colleges, tenants or clients;
- Have the ability to understand and analyze basic financial data (budget);
- Knowledge of basic computer software (MS Office ®, e-mail, internet, management database);
- Knowledge of computer systems management;
- Ability to occasionally lift loads of 50 to 70 pounds and / or ability to carry, push, pull or move 40-pound objects frequently.
* Our organization is a workplace equity employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. The use of the masculine is only used to lighten the text. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected by provincial or federal laws.