Director of Housekeeping
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a glorious landmark that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. Reigning from her prestigious address on Georgia Street at the center of the city, this Castle in the Heart of Vancouver is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, the Director of Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the entire Hotel, managing and administrating the Housekeeping operation and ensuring Guests receive the highest possible level of efficiency, services and comfort. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the successful performance of all aspects of the Housekeeping Department.
- Lead and coach the Housekeeping Team in providing exceptional guest service, colleague satisfaction and profitability
- Ongoing professional development, growth, and job satisfaction of all leaders and colleagues through the department
- Ensure effective Colleague planning, selection, training and development strategies are in place
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a Fairmont Standards based training manual, which is a live manual requiring continual updating.
- Search for industry trends, and implement enhancements to product and service.
- Develop life files on furniture, seating, bedding for guest room and public areas including equipment that co-relate to five year capital plans
- Track and address all guest comments and concerns.
- Lead and co-ordinate renovation projects as related to guestrooms and other areas as assigned including coordinating and scheduling outside contractors.
- Plan, organize and implement all deep cleaning and job cycle projects for guestrooms and public areas.
- Ensure the necessary resources; functional tools and equipment including linen are readily available.
- Execute monthly financial obligations from self-created forecast and budget for Housekeeping expenses and productivity that are accurate and on target.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual Housekeeping budget
- Prepare and execute departmental and divisional capital plans
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationship with all supporting departments.
- Contributor in developing the hotel wide strategic goals and plans
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times and that all colleagues are committed to working safely.
- Actively participate in The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- Maintains all Hotel guest rooms and public areas, plus “heart of the house” ensuring that the highest standards of cleanliness are met
- Oversees operation of Laundry and Uniform Room.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance programs with the Chief Engineer.
- Oversees the retrieval, safekeeping and disbursement of all lost and found items consistent with company policy.
- Accepts responsibility for carrying out other management duties as requested by the General Manager and/or the Director of Operations
- Develop departmental goals and measurements resulting in a balanced score card of guest, colleague, owner and brand but understands guest satisfaction is dependent on colleague job satisfaction.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Housekeeping management role
- Previously demonstrated leadership skills supporting an environment of colleague growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Diploma or degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or related discipline a strong asset
- Must be a creative and effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, energy and determination.
- Ability to analyze data and trends and create strategies for improvement
- Strong administration and organizational skills are required for this key position.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Results oriented with the ability to adapt to the challenges of a continually evolving workforce, while remaining flexible and working under pressure.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Property Manager, Word and Excel.
- Must be highly organized and energetic and possess the ability to get the job done.