Corporate IT Support Specialist
Offer published on May 18
Job Title: Corporate IT Support Specialist
Reports to: Director of IT – WHR Corporate Office- Denver
Location Based: Warwick Le Crystal, Montreal, QC
As a Corporate IT Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing technical support to our WHR Hotels in North Americas providing assistance primarily to end-users. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems related to software, hardware, peripheral devices, and network connectivity. You will be required to manage and maintain Guest HSIA Wi-Fi Monitoring, Network Security Monitoring, Data Backup and Recovery, Opera PMS & POS monitoring, EMV Credit Card monitoring and System Administration.
If you are a highly motivated bilingual IT Support Specialist with experience in troubleshooting, technical minded individual with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, please submit your application today.
· 3 vacation week
· 6 mobile days
· Collective Insurance with 70% covered by the company
· Reer avec contribution employeur jusqu’à 3%
· 100$ refund per month for public transportation or parking
· 50$ refund per month for your cellphone
· Indoor bike parking
· Nights at good rates for some Warwick hotels
· Providing technical support to end-users, including troubleshooting software and hardware issues, installing software and updates, and configuring systems and devices.
· Maintaining hardware and software inventory, including tracking and updating assets, performing regular maintenance and repairs, and managing licenses and warranties.
· Diagnose hardware and software problems, provide solutions, and initiate required repairs and maintenance.
· Managing Email, Network, and Server Systems, including user account administration, security, backup, and recovery.
· Developing and maintaining documentation and training materials for end-users, including user manuals, knowledge base, and FAQs.
· Develop and maintain documentation for policies, procedures, and end-user training.
· Collaborating with other IT team members to identify and resolve complex technical issues, and participate in IT projects, upgrades, and implementations.
· Managing and updating the corporate website and intranet, including content management, user account administration, and security.
· Providing technical support to remote users, including remote access, VPN, and video conferencing.
· Maintaining and troubleshooting the phone system, including programming new extensions, voicemail, and conference calls
· Managing third-party vendors, including monitoring their performance and handling escalations.
· Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including data privacy, security, and accessibility.
· Perform system administration duties including network user management, system monitoring, and maintenance.
· Monitor and maintain network, data backup and recovery, and security.
· Assist with IT inventory management and procurement of hardware and software.
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of IT systems, applications, upgrades, and emerging technologies.
· Develop, implement and maintain disaster recovery plans.
· Bilingual in French and English, due to the service given in Montreal and countries that only speaks English.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
· 3+ years of experience in technical support, system administration or a related field.
· Some travel may be required
· Experience with Windows and Mac Operating Systems
· Have some knowledge with Opera PMS & Maitre’d POS
· Have some knowledge with EMV Credit Card Payment System
· Strong knowledge of operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
· Familiarity with network protocols, IT Security, Backup and Recovery, and Disaster Recovery.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Strong documentation and organization skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
· Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Knowledge of programming languages will be an added advantage.
Qualifications and skills required for the position of Corporate IT Support Specialist include:
1. Education: A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
2. Technical proficient: Knowledge of computer hardware and software, operating systems, data networks, applications, and programming languages.
3. Customer service: Good communication skills, including active listening, understanding customers' needs, and the ability to explain technical concepts clearly and concisely.
4. Troubleshooting skills: Ability to diagnose and solve technical issues with hardware, software, and networks.
5. Team working: An ability to work effectively with others as part of a team and collaborate to resolve issues.
6. Time management: Good organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
7. Critical thinking: The capacity to analyze problems systematically, evaluate alternatives, and make critical decisions.
8. Experience: Prior experience in IT support or related field is preferred.
You may also be interested in these offers