North Hatley, QC
Manoir Hovey, a 5 star Relais & Châteaux lakeside hotel, is looking for an assistant cook to join our team.
Pleasant lakeside work environment.
Quality living environment close to the village of North Hatley, recognized as one of the most beautiful villages in Quebec and just minutes from the cities of Magog and Sherbrooke.
Outdoor enthusiasts, skiers, snowboarders and bikers will find plenty to do in the region.
Join a talented team, with Michelin star experience who encourages the exchange of talent and knowledge.
The Le Hatley Restaurant serves fine dining cuisine and is a well recognised culinary reference in Canada.
The restaurant Le Tap room is a bistro with local and seasonal flavours. Its menu offers simple yet refined dishes in a relaxed atmosphere.
Chef Vachon orchestrates a responsible driven cuisine. His culinary vision recognizes the importance of supporting local producers, preserving, respecting and ensuring the health of our food systems for future generations.
Does our vision speaks to you? We're looking for people like you to join our team!
Under the supervision of the Chef de Partie, the assistant cook will ahve the following responsabilities.
- Set up and assure the smooth running of the service.
- Carries out basic preparations for certain dishes
- Washing, peeling and cutting fruits and vegetables
- Weighs and prepares the ingredients
- Cleans workstation, cabinets and accessories
- Receives and stores kitchen products
- Collaborates with or performs kitchen helper duties
- Avoids waste and loss of produce
- Meets environmental commitments
- Professional attitudes and behaviour
- Teamwork skills, autonomy, dynamism, interpersonal skills, honesty, versatility, sense of initiative, organizational skills, etc.
- Physical fitness
- Speed of execution
- Stress tolerance
- Knowledge of French and English
- Catering experience an asset