North Hatley, QC
Manoir Hovey, a 5 star Relais & Châteaux lakeside hotel, is looking for a breakfast cook to join our team.
- Pleasant lakeside work environment.
- Quality living environment close to the village of North Hatley, recognized as one of the most beautiful villages in Quebec and just minutes from the cities of Magog and Sherbrooke.
- Outdoor enthusiasts, skiers, snowboarders and bikers will find plenty to do in the region.
- Join a talented team, with Michelin star experience who encourages the exchange of talent and knowledge.
- The Le Hatley Restaurant serves fine dining cuisine and is a well recognised culinary reference in Canada.
- The restaurant Le Tap room is a bistro with local and seasonal flavours. Its menu offers simple yet refined dishes in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Chef Vachon orchestrates a responsible driven cuisine. His culinary vision recognizes the importance of supporting local producers, preserving, respecting and ensuring the health of our food systems for future generations.
Does our vision speaks to you? We're looking for people like you to join our team!
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine or Sous-Chef, the Breakfast Cook will have the following main missions:
- Handles the set up and preparation of the food before the service starts
- Prepares, finishes the dishes during the service and ensures the supply of the dishes during the service (of his domain)
- Arranges and garnishes food on plates or dishes
- Controls the stock of his part and transmits the orders to the sous-chef or head chef
- Controls the quality and freshness of the products
- Clears his department after the service and cleans the workplace and work instruments.
- Participates in work meetings with colleagues and chef(s)
- Makes suggestions for new preparations, dishes or presentations
- Is responsible for the respect of the hygiene rules (HACCP) for his part
- Avoids waste and loss of produce
- Meets environmental commitments
- Very good knowledge of products, recipes, various culinary techniques
- Very good knowledge of conservation, processing, cooking and presentation techniques
- Knowledge of French and English