Mount Royal, QC
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Cook must accurately and efficiently cook all meals, as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. The incumbent will perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot and cold menu item plates.
- Be responsible for ensuring that food is prepared to the exact specifications of the Sous-Chef, establishment and customer.
- Prepare food for service each day: chop vegetables, set up breakfast buffet, prepare lunch, sandwich counter and healthy baked goods.
- During meal service, be responsible for making sandwiches and ensuring replenishment of daily baked goods section.
- Prepare good selection of meals to go and healthy choices.
- Uphold the health and safety standards set by the MAPAQ and the Executive Chef
- Prepare ready-to-go meals.
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness of the kitchen at all times.
- College degree in a professional cooking program
- 2 years of professional cooking experience
- Health and hygiene certificate
- Good communication skills
- Innovative, pro-active and reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creative in terms of food quality/presentation
- Interest in vegetarian and health conscious cooking
- Openness towards international cuisine
- Team player
- Versatile and resourceful