Offer published on Jan 13
Groupe Dynamite is a leading fashion digital retailer with two brands at the heart of our success, Garage and Dynamite. With over 300 stores in Canada and the U.S., and more than 4,000 people, we have been making our mark on fashion since 1975.
Our core strengths are rooted in our team, our innovation and our customers. We are proud to hire and retain aspirational leaders who are driven to achieve great things and are recognized for their entrepreneurial spirit.
The Sales and Operations team is looking for a Cook (Garde-manger) to be responsible for ensuring an appropriate and efficient preparation of all meals, as well as carrying out other tasks that are related to the appropriate presentation and garnishment of the menu’s hot plates. He/she is also responsible for the cold buffet and soups of the day. He/she will execute daily, fresh preparations in accordance with the changing menu, and must also be able to help the Sous-chef during preparation and service.
You will be involved in our ongoing transformation from a traditional brick & mortar retailer, to an omni-channel leader and tech-first fashion disruptor.
- Responsible for his/her section and ensuring that the food is always at its freshest throughout the service;
- Execute recipes by respecting the precise instructions from the Sous-chef or Executive Chef;
- Daily preparation of food for service: chopping vegetables and preparing the breakfast and lunch buffet, the sandwich counter, and the pastries of the day;
- Prepare a selection of portable and healthy snack options;
- Prepare salads and soups of the day according to the prepared menu;
- Able to occasionally manage a station in front of clients (ex.: pasta station) while mastering speed, cleanliness, seasoning, and interaction with customers;
- Ensure good communication with the Sous-chef for various supplies;
- Maintain health and safety standards established by MAPAQ and the Executive Chef;
- Ensure that stations are restocked;
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen at all times;
- Ensure that the kitchen is cleaned after the service and ready for the next day;
- Provide and offer catering services within the company.
Over and above a competitive salary and bonus plan, registered retirement savings, and flexible group insurance with personalised coverage that meets your needs, you will be at the forefront of a growing organisation that understands the importance of investing in people.
You and your family can enjoy our employee discount at Garage and Dynamite, private sample sales throughout the year and many other exciting perks, including a very flexible vacation program.
No day will be like the last - we aim to be better today than we were yesterday. We are committed to employment equity.
Candidates that are retained will be called for an interview.
- College diploma in Professional Cooking.
- 2 years of experience in a professional kitchen.
- Certificate in safety and hygiene.
- Good communication skills;
- Innovative, proactive, and reliable;
- Excellent hygiene;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Creativity when it comes to quality and presentation of food;
- Interested in vegetarian cuisine and healthy food;
- Open to international cuisines;
- Team player;
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills;
- Bilingual: French and English (written and spoken).
- Accuracy and/or speed are essential.
Impact on Operations
- Consequences of decisions and actions are very limited; low level of responsibility.
- Giving/receiving information relating to non-routine work aspects; requires an approach focused on listening and interacting, as well as the ability to express oneself with clarity, precision and accuracy.
- No supervision.
- Creativity required in adapting and improving work processes.
- Medium level of inconvenience/risk.