Supervise and direct the daily financial activities of the Hotel. Ensure documentation is processed accurately and submitted timely to Management Company Headquarters. Assist Headquarters Staff with Month End Closings and other projects as may be required from time to time.FINANCIAL & ADMINISTRATIVE
· Implement corporate accounting procedures and policies.
· Monitor all sales, purchases and expenses of the Hotel through various accounting techniques, use of budget and in coordination with General Manager.
· Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise and assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
· Prepare, review and present the daily, weekly and monthly operating reports.
· Enforce internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, Hotel equipment, the granting of credit for direct bill accounts, master keys and personnel records.
· Assist GM in developing hotel budget and capital expenditure plans.
· Utilize budgets to teach team supervisors to understand financial objectives. Balancing costs and efficiencies with associate/ guest satisfaction and quality.
· Oversee all accounting functions, including but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, the night audit process, petty cash, payroll, inventories, purchasing and receiving procedures, maintenance of the departmental checkbook.
· Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state, and federal agencies.
· Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
· Supervise the operation of the time clock and payroll systems.
· Complete daily and monthly reports requested by Management Company Headquarters.
· Train and supervise accounting department staff.
· Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
· Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
· Assist supervisors in understanding team members’ ever changing needs and expectations, and exceed them.
· Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
· Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
· Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
· Assist guests with any accounting related problem such as credit card charges and direct billing.
· Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
· Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
· Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
· Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM or Corporate Controller:
· The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program requiring weekend stay-over
The candidate we are looking for needs to have CPA, CGA training. We are looking for someone who has experience as controller in the hospitality industry. They need to speak fluent English and French. This is a full time position.