Chief accountant (Full time)
The exceptional service and personal touches our associates give our guests turn everyday moments into memorable brand experiences. As a truly global enterprise, operating in more than 1,200 hotels worldwide, we embrace our diversity and use that energy and creativity to power our business.
If you are ready to support a better way to experience the world and be challenged to deliver your best, Starwood is the company for you.
Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data, for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records. He is also responsible for the accurate reporting of revenue to ensure that the information is balanced to the general ledger.
• Perform monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and clear all reconciling items on a timely basis.
• Prepare monthly journal entries necessary to complete monthly financial statements, including monthly report to all owners
• Reviews of the work of the F&B and Rooms night audit enduring accuracy of the information as report
• Reviews and verifies the accuracy of revenues reported to accounts receivable by balancing the accounts to appropriate ledgers. This is done on a daily and monthly basis
• Reviews and properly codes for posting and reporting all S&P charges
• Supervise general cashier and accounts payables
•Perform any other assigned by the Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
• College diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
• Three (3) years accounting experience;
• Supervisor experience is an asset;
- Must be fully bilingual (French and English);
- Make independent decisions, posses organizational skills and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Team player, energetic and enthusiastic.