Offer published on Jan 30
About Maison privée - Private Home
Possibility for reimbursement of relocation expenses.
- · Designing healthy menus for a family and purchasing top quality organic products.
- · Creating menus for events; purchasing, preparation and coordination during the event.
- · Use farm products, coordinate the preparation of food from La Bergerie at Mont-Tremblant.
- · Transform the surplus of the farm into pasteurized and standardized dishes, for example vegetables into canned fruits and meats into cold cuts.
- · Coordinate with the employees of La Bergerie to ensure the availability of products for the weekend and during events. (Keep Chef Manuel Lamarre informed)
- · Maintain an inventory of freezers and refrigerators to utilize the farm's products when preparing meals.
- · Consider family food preferences and allergies.
- · Keep the family and Chef Manuel Lamarre informed of the menu, to validate any changes to the meal or the number of guests.
- · Master the methods and tools of cooking, Pizza wood oven, BBQ, sous-vide cooking, smokehouse and mechoui. - Keep work areas clean and ready to use, fridge, freezer, BBQ, Pizza oven, common kitchen area, etc.
- · Ensure the proper functioning of the kitchen equipment and the cleanliness of the premises.
- · Basic accounting: Keep numbered invoices for each month and attach them to the statement of account approved by the Chef and given to the Estate Manager.
- · 2 years experience as a private chef or event private chef.
- · Concrete experience in food processing or diploma (Charcuterie, canning, fermentation, bakery)
- · 5 years minimum experience in high-end catering and/or 10 years’ experience in the hotel/restaurant industry.
- · Experience as a sous-chef or chef de partie in a restaurant for more than 1 consecutive year.
- · Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- · Provide references and visuals of your work.
- · Valid driver's license and background check and credit check.
- · Be available Thursday through Sunday when the family is on site and during the week for the farm when the family is not on site.