Bilingual Market IT Manager (Level 2)
As a member of a defined cluster organization, the multi-property systems manager contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support cluster and technology (IR) objectives. The multi-property systems manager, in conjunction with the area systems manager, is responsible for assisting property management with technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. The multi-property systems manager may direct the work of property or area systems technicians and interfaces with vendors, owners, executive committee and property staff.
- Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
- Responsible for managing technology/asset life-cycle. Ensures that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom, etc.) is ordered and available
- Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s)’ performance problems
- Is accountable for disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
- Ensures technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
- Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
- Performs adds/moves/changes/deletions.
- Ensures that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
- Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
- Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems
- Escalates problems as appropriate through Area Systems Manager, Global Field Services, IR Shared Services.
- Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server/network.
- Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
- Performs routine to complex desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
- Provides end-user support to property staff, business center.
- Resolves issues with setup or reset of security passwords
- Supports email and use of MI network
- Creates and maintains secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance.
- Executes disaster recovery plans.
- Managing Work within Budget Targets
- Assists/provides input to property management for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the financial dynamics property operations and can apply knowledge/judgment to assist management in achieving technology-related goals.
- Reviews operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges
- Advises management on required short-term technology investments for property planning.
- Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Determines solutions and implements per cluster SOP.
- Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management.
- Assists in the reviews of vendor proposals to determine appropriate vendor selection for local technologies/hardware.
- Ensures compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
- Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
- Writes/presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in a well-written and/or verbally articulate manner
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 3-5 years experience in like position.
- Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
- System-related professional certifications desired.