Reporting to: Market GM
Internal: Time Out Market
We love what we do – and it shows! Time Out Market is the division of Time Out that brings our food and cultural experiences to life for our guests, readers and clients.
The Beverage Director/AGM is responsible for defining, developing and implementing our best of Montreal, high volume beverage program while managing and training our outstanding bar staff and ensuring our guests and team members have exceptional experiences.
Responsibilities – Bar/Beverage Management
- Build out the Time Out Market Montreal Bar program
- Create a unique cocktail, wine, and beer offering that reflects Time Out Market values and the trends of Montreal proper
- Develop relationships with liquor vendors and negotiate selections and purchases
- Manage liquor inventory
- Manage bar sales during daily operations
- Recruit and hire dynamic bar staff, including bartenders and bar-backs. Implement an educational bar training program. Maintain a standard of excellence amongst bar staff to ensure an exceptional guest experience
Working Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of restaurant operations experience required, with a minimum of one (1) year at AGM level or above
- Expert knowledge of restaurant operations including food, beverage, service techniques, and guest interaction
- Above average skill in math and algebraic equations using percentage
- Proficient in Windows Microsoft Office, Mac OSX, POS systems