Offer published on Sep 26
About Montréal Marriott Château Champlain
Acquired in 2018 by Tidan, this hotel is located in the heart of the Montreal metropolis. The Marriott Château Champlain is a 1-minute walk from the metro, accessible by an underground route, adjacent to the Bell Centre and also by 1000 de la Gauchetière. This iconic and emblematic hotel in Montreal was completely renovated in 2021, with 36 floors, 614 rooms, 13 suites, 25 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 1000 customers. If you are looking for a stylish and modern work environment, join the inspiring team of one of the largest hotels in downtown Montreal.
Workplace: 1 Place du Canada, Montréal, Quebec, Canada, H3B4C9
Statut: Full time
Salary: 20.14$ per hour
The Marriott Château Champlain has always been at the heart of Montreal's tourism and commercial activity. Located in downtown Montreal, our completely renovated hotel features 614 guest rooms and suites, as well as 23 meeting rooms. In order to meet the demands of a constantly changing market, we are looking for the person who can provide our guests with an innovative, unique, and memorable experience.
Reporting to the Director of Accommodation, the Bellperson is responsible for creating a positive and memorable first impression for guests upon their arrival at the hotel. As the welcoming and friendly face of the establishment, you will play an essential role in the overall guest experience.
- Assist in organizing the arrival and departure of groups of travelers.
- Greet guests.
- Handle luggage management.
- Escort guests to their room and assist with carrying their luggage.
- Inspect the room to ensure it is in perfect order and familiarize guests with room amenities.
- Deliver messages to guests in their rooms.
- Respond to various guest inquiries, including those about the hotel's services, major tourist attractions in the region, and entertainment options.
- Assist guests during check-out and carry their luggage.
- Fill in for the porter during breaks.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Customer service aptitude.
- Professional attitude and behavior (teamwork, autonomy, enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, honesty, versatility, initiative, organizational skills, etc.).
- Verbal communication skills.
- Stress tolerance.
- Good physical condition.
- Excellent knowledge of the immediate area and tourist points of interest.
- Experience is an asset.
Languages: Bilingualism (French and English), both spoken and written, is required for this position as we serve an international clientele.
Who are we:
Tidan is a hotel and real estate group in business for 52 years with a portfolio of 12 hotels and more than 65 real estate properties, as well as the largest tennis club across North America. At Tidan, the well-being of its employees is important. To this end, several policies have been developed and implemented. To learn more about Tidan, visit our website: https://www.tidan.com/en/
Why join the Tidan team:
Apart from competitive salaries, we offer benefits such as group insurance, which includes life insurance, disability insurance, medical and dental insurance, and vision care. Our employees have 24/7 virtual access to healthcare professionals through the Employee Assistance Program. You have personal days and vacations that are planned according to the department and the hotel you join. In addition, a pension plan is also offered. A bonus is also provided via our referral program and more. Social life is at the heart of the company, especially after the pandemic. Each hotel has a social calendar. Whether you're on the frontline operations team or in a leadership role, the Tidan Human Resources team is always there to listen and support you on your journey through the company.
We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team, whether through training or by strengthening team relationships. We have an admiration for our employees who set themselves professional challenges, and we support them in achieving them. Take the step and join the Tidan team through our many job opportunities, whether in the hotel or real estate sector. There is a place for you.
Diplôme d'étude secondaire