Bellman - Doorman
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
Creates a welcoming atmosphere for guests of the hotel, restaurant and banquets. In charge of helping with the transportation of guest luggages, packages and parcels from the room to the method of transportation. Ensures the guest’s departure is flawless.
- Welcome guests arriving at the hotel, if possible by using their name;
- Manage guest arrivals and departures at the hotel's entrances;
- Manage guest luggage from time of arrival till time of departure. Direct guests to the front desk
- Ensure proper flow of traffic within the area around the hotel and direct cars and taxis accordingly;
- Help guests with itineraries, recommendations and information about the city and its activities. Call taxis when requested to. Transport guest luggage;
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events;
- Greet all persons who pass by the hotel’s entrance and offer them assistance;
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact;
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors;
- Provides a high level of cleanliness in the lobby and luggage storage room;
- Assists guests at the Concierge Desk if need be;
- Accomplish all other associated tasks;
Desired qualifications and skills
- Ability to communicate in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Basic knowledge of Downtown Montréal as well as its main cultural and culinary points of interest;
- Have a good resistance to stress and manage it positively and effectively;
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrate a very good team spirit
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our internal, external customers and our suppliers;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Post-secondary degree in hotel management, administration or related field.
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.