BANQUETS SALES MANAGER
The Courtyard Marriott is located in the heart of Montreal, near the Palais des Congrès, a few minutes from the most famous underground city in the world, Place des Arts, the shops and boutiques on the effervescent rue Ste-Catherine and the Vieux -Montreal. The hotel offers 212 spacious rooms, conference rooms, indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, exercise room as well as a restaurant, a lounge bar and a coffee counter.
Under the responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Director, the Banquets sales manager must plan, organize, direct and control banquet activities in order to meet the needs and expectations of customers and to ensure the efficiency and profitability of the service.
This position requires rapid adaptation to change, good stress management, in addition to the ability to communicate well. A charismatic personality, the ability to work in a team and to meet challenges, as well as a well-developed creativity are assets for the desired candidate.
· Responsible for effectively selling banquet and meeting spaces and various hotel services (rooms, food and beverage, audio-visual) in order to maximize hotel revenue.
· Execute and respect group contracts according to customer specifications, needs and expectations.
· Solicit former customers, generate revenue, monitor the pace of reservations and make reservations for regular customers while maintaining a high level of quality.
· Review event plans (move-in, room set-up, etc.) ensure distribution to teams and introduce other team members to clients.
· Establish correspondence, complete reports and necessary forms (proposal, contract, others).
· Respond to information request calls, conduct outside sales visits and respond to customer needs.
· Manage reservations and room blocks.
· Maintain good business relations between the various tourism and hotel stakeholders in Montreal, including the Palais des congrès de Montréal and Tourisme Montréal.
· Develop menus and activity programs, ensure that BEOs are issued, and carry out the relevant correspondence with customers in order to finalize the program.
· • Ensure customer satisfaction during and after events.
· Represent the hotel with the highest level of integrity, professionalism and sincerity.
· Work with the accounting department to ensure billing is detailed and accurate.
· All other related tasks.Requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College diploma in hotel management or other related professional field.
• Prior experience in a similar position.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• French, English spoken and written. Knowledge of a third language, an asset.
• Passionate, enthusiastic, and committed, demonstrates superior skills in developing and maintaining a high-level contact network.
• Skills in organizing and coordinating events, good negotiator.
• Listening and dedicated to customers.
• Inspirational personality and ability to work in a team.
• Work ethic and work structure.
• Ability to manage time and stress well.
• Demonstrate a high professional sense and have a lot of interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with the MS Office suite.
• Proficiency in Delphi software.
• Flexibility in working hours and having availability for customers.
* Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. The use of the masculine is only used for the purpose of lightening the text. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.