Offer published on Jan 23
The sous-chef banquet ensures the smooth operation of the kitchen. In collaboration with the chef de cuisine, he plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the kitchen in order to ensure adequate quality and quantity standards set by the company. Involved directly in the daily operations, he sees to the training and the good performance of the members of his Brigade. By his leadership and managing qualities, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. He maximizes the output and ensures continuous control of different operating costs.
Essential job functions:
• Performs daily inspections of the kitchen and its parameters.
• Ensures customer satisfaction by the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented.
• Acts as a trainer for brigade members, mainly members of the management team.
• Manages human resources components (hiring, training, scheduling, work distribution, performance appraisal, discipline, etc.).
• Ensures compliance with hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards.
• Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for banquets and events;
• Manage the financial resources (budget preparation, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department.
• Ensures efficient management of the food inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
• Keeps track of purchases, the quality of goods received and ensures tight tracking of inventory to avoid theft
• Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of banquets and events.
• Maintains an ongoing link with other hotel departments and various internal and external stakeholders;
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Diploma in institutional cooking or equivalent;
• Experience as an Executive Sous-Chef in a comparable hotel is an asset;
• 2 to 3 years of experience in personnel supervision (15 or more employees);
• 5 to 7 years of relevant cooking experience;
• Experience in high volume kitchen team management;
• Good ability to work under pressure;
• Leadership and communication developed;
• Focused on teamwork and collaboration;
• Good stress management with an excellent customer approach;
• Organizational skills and time management;
• Available for day, evening and weekend work;