Banquet Cuisinier II (Sur Appel) / Banquet Cook II (On call))
Division: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Executive Chef
* Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and it is essential in both English and French, both orally and in writing.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner food items per guest orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Prepare food items of consistent quality according to guest orders following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards;
- Complete mise en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service;
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare beyond estimated needs;
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill;
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures;
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables;
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies;
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact;
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors;
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift;
- Execute any other designated task;
- Good communication and written skills in both French and English;
- Cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum two years culinary or related work experience;
- Advanced culinary knowledge is expected for this position;
- Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job;
- Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill;
- Proficient knife skills and ability to multi-task;
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time;
- Must be available to work days, nights, and weekends as required.
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.