The banquet chef ensures the smooth operation of the kitchen for banquets and events. He plans, organizes, directs and controls kitchen operations in order to achieve the quality and quantity standards set by the company. Directly involved in the daily operations, he ensures proper training of the members of his team and establishes performance standards. With his leadership and managing qualities, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. The banquet chef also continuously maintains its operating costs by maximizing productivity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Perform daily inspections of the kitchen and its parameters.
· Ensures customer satisfaction by the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented.
· Acts as a trainer for members of the Brigade, mainly members of the management team.
· Manages different human resources components (hiring, training, scheduling, work breakdown, performance evaluation, discipline, etc.).
· Ensures compliance with hygiene, sanitation, and occupational health and safety standards.
· Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for banquets and events.
· Manages financial resources (preparation of budgets, control of operating costs, etc.) and materials (management of inventories, procurement, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department.
· Ensures efficient management of the food inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
· Keeps track of purchases, the quality of goods received and ensures tight tracking of inventory to avoid theft
· Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of banquets and events.
· Maintains a continuous link with other hotel services and various internal and external stakeholders;
· Performs any other tasks deemed essential for the proper operation of the kitchen.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Diploma in institutional cooking or equivalent;
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position;
· Significant experience in gourmet cuisine;
· Ability to provide effective service for events of 15 to 250 people;
· Developed leadership;
· Organizational skills;
· Excellent communication skills.