Offer published on Oct 31
- Clean the house, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc;
- Maintain furniture and delicate surfaces, including porcelain, crystal, silverware, art objects and collectibles;
- Tidy the house daily;
- Clean and organize outdoor areas and furniture;
- Waste and recycling management.
- Laundry, ironing and care of clothes, sheets, towels, etc., including hand-washing of delicate fabrics;
- Make beds and tidy rooms daily;
- Manage dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
- Set table, serve and clean up after meals;
- Tidy up storage areas;
- Manage floral arrangements and plants;
- Occasional assistance with preparation and service at residence events;
- Occasional assistance with child supervision and driving to various destinations;
- Answering the front door (entry/exit control), greeting guests and visitors and answering the telephone;
- Travel to the vacation home when necessary, mainly in summer;
- Handle special requests as needed;
- Coordinate house maintenance (plumber, electrician, air conditioner repairman, etc.);
- Supervise and coordinate housekeeping for the main and secondary homes;
- Ensure good communication between all workers in the house.
Be responsible for the appearance and housekeeping of the entire main residence, including the family's well-being, being attentive to the employer's varied needs while maintaining the utmost discretion and confidentiality. Work will be carried out as part of a team with other members of the household staff. There may also be a requirement to travel to the second residence in the Laurentians during the summer season.
- At least three (3) years experience in a similar position;
- Working knowledge of property maintenance;
- Experience in museum-type maintenance of delicate surfaces, art objects, etc;
- Experience caring for a child (transportation and supervision).
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work with minimal direction;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Good physical condition;
- Flexibility to work outside job description parameters;
- Flexibility in working hours, as required, and ability to work long days during peak season;
- Flexibility and tolerance to last-minute changes;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good command of French and English (spoken and written);
- Energetic with a high level of work ethic;
- Honesty and initiative;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Discretion and respect for the employer's privacy;
- Valid driver's license and good driving record;
- Smoke-free environment.
- Working days: Monday to Friday (flexibility upon request);
- Working hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (flexibility requested, upon resquest till 8:00 p.m.);
- Possibility of working weekends.