Assistant Manager & waiter(ress)
L'Auberge des Appalaches in Sutton, 2 minutes from Mont Sutton ski resort, is looking for a qualified assistant manager/waiter (ress) to work with the owner: Patricia Gérard.
The Auberge is a small family business with 10 rooms, including 2 suites, and a gastronomic restaurant: versatility is a must in our establishment.
The owners, Patricia & John, the Chef, have a long experience in “high-end" hotel and catering industry in Europe.
Thanks to their respective trainings, the Auberge has managed to maintain an "impeccable" customer service worthy of large establishments, without, however, forgetting the family and friendly side of an Inn that is actually their home.
The position of Assistant manager/waiter (ress) requires:
- Welcome customers, facilitate their stay and manage their departure
- Keep the booking schedule of rooms: live or online (Softbooker AND Booking.com)
- Manage emails, phone calls, Facebook / Twitter pages
- Have an excellent knowledge of the different activities / infrastructures available on site and in the region
For the service, breakfast and/or dinner :
- Set the tables
- Take orders: have an excellent knowledge of the products and dishes served, our restaurant is a member of the "Chefs Créateurs" banner
- Provide excellent customer service, in line with company standards
- Cash customer’s bills, clearing and reset tables
- Ensure the overall good condition of its workstation (service, bar ...) and all utensils needed to dress the tables
- Ensure the constant stock of the bar, wine and other spirits
- Excellent communication and service skills
- Ability to give of warm welcome
- Excellent commercial
- Good manager
- Excellent memory
- Organized, reliable and with a keen sense of detail
- Very good presentation and fitness
- Good computer practice
- High availability (often practice off-peak hours)
- Written and oral proficiency in French is an imperative, the practice of a second language, other than English, can be a plus