Assistant Governess / Housekeeper
We are looking for someone who brings a lot of passion and enthusiasm to their work. Someone who can be a leader and show a lot of initiative. This person will work closely with the Governess in all aspects of the department. During the low season, it will be a mix of Assistant Governess and Housekeeping:
Assistant Governess : 3 days (24 hours) Saturday, Sunday and 1 other day during the week.
Housekeeper : on-call 2 days a week.
Assistant Governess: 17$ per hour
Housekeeper: 15.50$ per hour
Replacement of the Governess when needed.
- Establish and maintain the highest level of cleanliness in all rooms and public areas of the hotel and apply company standards
- Conduct inspections of rooms, corridors and all public and common areas of the hotel.
- Cleaning of guest rooms in all aspects.
- When Governess is not there, maintain the standards that she has set for the department.
- Carry out daily tasks with team members to ensure excellent customer service.
- Assist with routine cleaning plans to ensure that all furniture, trimmings, carpets, and linens are maintained to the highest level.
- Monitor housekeeping procedures of health and safety of all staff and guests.
- Ensure that all lost and found items are well documented, and the items are in a secure location. Ensure all employee keys are given and returned each day.
- Assist in maintaining all supplies for rooms and public spaces to make sure we have adequate inventory.
- Participate in department meetings with the Governess
- Keep up-to-date with all training's given on Choice University.
- To perform all other required or requested job-related duties specified by management.
- Must be bilingual written and oral in French and English.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must be a team player
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must be able to lift heavy objects
- Must have flexible schedule
- Must have minimum 1 year experience in a Supervisor or Management role.