Assistant(e) responsable de la sécurité / Assistant Security Manager
Reports to: Director of Security
Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and are fluent in both English and French, both orally and in writing. Applicants must have a security guard license from the BSP “Bureau de la sécurité privée” and valid first aid accreditation.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
- Manage and coach the security team in the absence of the Director of Security;
- With support from upper management, manage all problems and complaints that may be brought to your attention by guests;
- Be well versed as per procedures, and communicate them as needed.
- Motivate, supervise and coach the security team;
- Support the Director of security with regards to scheduling, holiday management, overtime management always while keeping in the mind hotel operational needs;
- Actively participate in department meetings and prepare appropriate summaries;
- As per Four Seasons standards, offer guests a pleasant, efficient and professional service;
- Act as a support in the onboarding and training process of new employees and help them complete their tasks;
- Transmit in a clear and direct manner all daily follow-ups/tasks to be done to the next shift so as to ensure they have all the necessary information and can follow-up appropriately;
- Train and develop the Security agents;
- Help guests who are experiencing problems with their in-room safe;
- Help guests access their rooms in the event of a lost or defective room key;
- Welcome visitors, contractors, external vendors and register them in the visitors log;
- Help direct visitors and guests upon arrival at the hotel and answer any questions they may have;
- Have excellent knowledge of the services and amenities offered by the hotel as well as their schedules;
- Ensure that the security spaces and employee entrances are kept clean at all times;
- Perform all other related tasks;
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Have excellent resistance to stress and manage it positively and effectively;
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrate a very good team spirit
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our internal, external customers and our suppliers;
- Have an excellent presentation and elocution, in French and English, and interpersonal skills to meet the expectations of a high-end clientele;
- Maintain a professional appearance and behave in a mature manner with integrity at all times;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- Spend long hours standing, walking, kneeling and bending down over the course of the day;
- Able to carry and lift objects of varying weights using proper equipment and postures;
- Able to continuously check video surveillance equipment
- Heightened sense of awareness, especially regarding any alarm signals;
- Able to handle multiple calls at a time;
- Discrete when handling matters of a delicate nature;
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Lotus Notes;
- 2-3 years’ experience in hotel security or a similar position;
- Post-secondary degree or certification from a certified school in security or related field;
What’s in it for you?
- Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc.).
- Discounts at our MARCUS Restaurant and our 5 Star Spa.
- Employee themed recognition days and events such as Employee of the month, Service milestone celebrations, birthday events, and more!
- Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room (Café 1440).
- Retirement plan with employer contribution.
- Paid time off including sick days, vacation days and 2 additional floating holidays per year.
- Excellent training, development, and mobility opportunities.
- Employee Travel Program, including complimentary stays at Four Seasons globally (by length of service and subject to availability).
- And so much more!
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.