Assistant Director, Guest Experience
Assistant Director, Guest Experience
For those who dream of being somewhere else, the Nordik Spa Nature is wellness havens. Offering the widest selection of experiences dedicated to the well-being of the body and mind in North America, Nordik Spa Nature allow you to reconnect with the elements, others, and yourself. They present a refuge to escape modern life and the opportunity to give life a moment’s rest.
When you work at Nordik Spa-Nature, you are not just gaining a job—you are finding a family. We pride our community on being one of the warmest and most welcoming—and our guests truly do appreciate it. We go out of our way to provide excellent care to our guests, as well as our artisans.
We are seeking a passionate Assistant Director, Guest Experience in Chelsea, Quebec to join our team.
What we stand for
Our mission is to give our guests a moment’s rest by offering them refuge, away from the pressures of modern life where they may rediscover their own well-being and, as a result, live a happier and longer life. Your role as an artisan of our spa- nature is to cultivate peace. We are passionate and dedicated team players here at Nordik spa-nature. Always enthusiastic, helpful, conscientious, discrete—and most of all, respectful. We deeply care about everyone—guests and fellow artisans alike—in our wellness spa.
What we need
Supporting the Director or Operations, the Assistant Director, Guest Experience will plan, direct, supervise and manage the work of the Guest Experience team to ensure smooth flow of operations. The incumbent performs operations control and management activities related to optimizing the customer experience, ensuring administrative follow-ups, managing and supervising the work carried out by the team to ensure good relations with clients in delivering our mantra of “Leave Your Troubles Behind”. The Assistant Director ensures the continuous improvement of processes and the development of his team.
What you’ll do
Management Activities: planning, organization, and control
- Ensure respect of operational standards regarding Guest Experience;
- Implement, and maintain processes to enhance the guest’s experience of feeling somewhere else;
- Follows-up and quickly resolves customer complaints;
- Identifies areas of improvement to ensure processes are put in place to facilitate workflow;
- Manage and coach the Guest Experience team;
- Prepares various reports;
- Assigns tasks and distributes activities within the team;
- Ensure the respect of the defined rituals in accordance with established standards.
Leadership and collaboration
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, training, development and evaluation of staff;
- Participates in the development of work schedules in a proactive fashion to ensure the operations are well managed and staffed;
- Ensures good team spirit and good synergy within all departments;
- Supervise staff in order to maintain a work climate conducive to the retention and mobilization of personnel;
- Performs other related tasks, as requested.
What is the profile needed in order to be successful
- College degree in Tourism, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major or relevant experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years in a management role;
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in Customer Service;
- Strong sense of hospitality;
- Bilingualism essential (English and French);
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Windows suite
- Action and results-oriented;
- Ability to resolve issues quickly;
- Possess strong interpersonal and social skills; Sense of challenge, perseverance;
- A natural teacher and mentor;
- Sense of challenge, perseverance in dealing with stressful situations;
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, managers and other associates;
- Possess a very good sense of organization, planning and monitoring, as well as great professional rigor.
Your will work on flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends, holidays).
The salary is based on the pay scale and benefits in effect at Nordik Spa-Nature.
Send us your resumé and cover letter by visiting our web site in the career section