Assistant Banquet Manager
Offer published on Mar 02
Job descriptionJob Number 23038415
Job Category Event Management
Location Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, 1201 Boulevard Rene-Levesque West, Montreal, QC, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Entry level management position that leads the banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and employees.
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
• Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires Banquet captains and employees with appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Are you interested?
Send your application to this employer
*For this job offer, you must apply on the employer's website.