Area Marketing and Social Media Manager
Quebec City, QC
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Social Media Manager
SERVICE: Marketing and Social Media Department
SUPERVISOR: General Manager’s
The Area Marketing and Social Media Manager will be responsible for four hotels throughout Canada and will have complete oversight of marketing and social media efforts at all properties.
· Development of the annual strategic marketing plans
· Management of digital presence to enhance brand recognition
· Work with General Manager to develop annual Marketing budgets
· Designs, writes and distributes quality bilingual content
· Development of the newsletter calendar according to the pre-established email frequency.
· Develop and update Digital Marketing Calendar
· Work with Brand to develop METT Campaigns (Email marketing)
Development of creative (website, promotional
· Develop local influencer strategy that is in line with hotels brand
· Social Media management for hotel accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedln, etc.)
· Generate new ideas for customer incentives and business packages
· Analysis of Web traffic statistics, Social Media statistics
· Monitoring of Marketing budget and analyzing of all key metrics including but not limited to ROI
· Join weekly Revenue Meetings to provide strategical input
· Develop alliances with the local marketRequirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication or related field.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
· Experience within multi-unit operation considered an asset
· Bilingualism (French and English)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience managing multiple social media platforms,
· Proven ability to increase community engagement through digital marketing.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well in a deadline driven role
· Demonstrate professional attitudes (Integrity, ability to work in a team or in autonomy, versatility, sense of initiative, and organization skills)
· Excellent understanding of the tourism industry, lifestyle brand experience considered an asset
· Knowledge of the Quebec City region and tourist points of interest
· Strong leadership skills
· Good knowledge of basic software (Word, Excel etc.)
· Non-unionized position
· Variable hours (day, evening, etc.)
· Salary to be discussed
· Start Date: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this challenge, please contact Ms. Laurence Gagnon-Gilbert in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.